Many things occur at the time of probate and estate administration and not all of them are good.
If there was financial abuse of an elder prior to death, if there is a problem with a will, if there has been mismanagement of a trust, these problems will become visible during the process of probate or administration of the estate.
The probate and trust lawyers of John J. Pembroke & Associates LLC assist clients with the difficult issues surrounding disputes over the settlement of estates and trusts. Our Chicago probate lawyers handle challenges to wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents, as well as defense on behalf of fiduciaries.
Options in Handling Sensitive Family Problems
Problems with wills and trusts raise highly emotional issues within families. This can cause will contests and probate disputes to become time consuming and costly. Our probate lawyers seek opportunities for clients to resolve their cases in the most cost-effective and financially beneficial manner possible.
Probate and Trust Litigation
Our lawyers engage in a wide variety of litigation in the context of probate or trust administration, prosecuting or defending clients in probate cases involving:
- Contested wills: vague wills, invalid wills, questions of competency, charges of undue influence
- Probate problems: mismanagement of assets, filing citations to recover assets
- Trust litigation involving breach of fiduciary misconduct claims and accounting challenges
- Disputes regarding the actions of agents named under a Power of Attorney Link to Power of Attorney
- Creditors asserting their rights against a decedent's estate
- Real estate litigation involving the decedent's real property and disputes among beneficiaries
- Tax litigation for deficiencies owed by the estate or other issues
Diligent Park Ridge Trust Litigation Lawyers
We invite you to contact our probate and trust litigation attorneys to schedule a consultation.